Directions from I-65:
- Take exit 117 (Portland/Orlinda.)
- Turn east towards Portland.
- Go approximately 4.5 miles.
- Turn left onto TN109 at the traffic light.
- Go a few blocks and turn right on McGlothlin Street (between Subway and the Farmers Bank branch.)
- Cross the railroad tracks and go straight. The street name changes to Wheeler Street.
- Go a couple of blocks and turn left onto Portland Blvd. at the Library.
- Take either the second or third driveway on your right.
- Cold Springs School is right there.
You can visit the exterior of Cold Springs School just about anytime. The building is located in Richland Park in Portland, Tennessee.
The School does not have a street number; however, it is located just north of the Portland Public Library of Sumner County, which is at 301 Portland Blvd.
The interior of Cold Springs School contains a recreation of a one-room schoolhouse.
Tours are available from 2-4pm on Sundays from June-September.
There is a wheelchair ramp at the front of the School.
There are no (and never have been) restrooms inside Cold Springs School.
There are restrooms at the Library next door and the Robert Coleman Community Center adjacent to Cold Springs School. When these are closed, there are restrooms in Richland Park.
From Portland Blvd, take America's Way, go past the first parking lot and up the hill. Restrooms are on the right, at the top of the hill, next to the playground.